This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a commission for purchases made through links. Learn more on my Private Policy page.
In search of a low-carb treat that can satisfy your sweet tooth? Look no further than this delicious keto pound cake recipe! Made with almond flour and natural sweeteners, this cake is both moist and flavorful, and the icing glaze on top adds the perfect touch of indulgence. Follow our step-by-step guide and impress your friends and family with a dessert that’s both healthy and delicious. Let’s get baking!
Are you on a keto diet and missing out on cakes and sweet treats? Fear not, we have just the recipe for you! In this article, we will guide you step-by-step on how to make a delicious keto pound cake with an icing glaze. This recipe is perfect for those on a low-carb, high-fat diet or for those who are simply looking for healthier alternatives to regular pound cakes.
Step 1: Ingredients
To make this delicious keto pound cake, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup low-carb sweetener (such as erythritol or stevia)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
For the icing glaze, you will need:
- 1/4 cup powdered erythritol
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Step 2: Preparation
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/180°C and grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sweetener until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until you have a thick batter.
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan, and smooth the top with a spatula.
Step 3: Baking
Bake the cake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
Step 4: Icing Glaze
While the cake is cooling, make the icing glaze.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the powdered erythritol, heavy whipping cream, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Once the cake has cooled, drizzle the icing glaze over the top.
Step 5: Serving
This delicious keto pound cake can be served immediately, or stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. It can also be frozen and stored in individual slices for up to 3 months.
- This basic keto pound cake has a perfect blend of lemon and vanilla flavors.
- The recipe is easily adjustable for different flavors by using different extracts.
- The pound cake is very dense and rich in texture, and tastes like a flour-based pound cake.
- It freezes well and can be stored in individual slices.
- The recipe makes 16 servings, each slice comes out to be 254.19 Calories, 23.4g Fats, 2.49g Net Carbs, and 7.9g Protein.
- The glaze uses powdered erythritol, heavy whipping cream, and vanilla extract.
In conclusion, this delicious keto pound cake with icing glaze is a perfect alternative for those who are on a low-carb, high-fat diet or even for those who want to enjoy a healthier version of pound cake. The recipe is easy to follow and can be adjusted for different flavors by simply substituting the extracts. Don’t forget to check out Ruled.me for more keto recipes, tips and tricks, and a 14-day diet plan. Enjoy your guilt-free pound cake!
Can I replace almond flour with coconut flour?
No, almond flour and coconut flour have different absorption levels and cannot be substituted for each other.
Can I use regular sugar instead of low-carb sweeteners?
No, regular sugar is not allowed on a keto diet. You can use other low-carb sweeteners such as stevia or erythritol.
Can I freeze the icing glaze?
No, the icing glaze is not suitable for freezing. It’s best to make a fresh batch when the pound cake is ready to be served.
Can I use a different pan size for this recipe?
Yes, you can use a smaller or larger loaf pan. Just keep in mind that the baking time may vary depending on the size of the pan.
Can I add nuts or berries to the recipe?
Yes, you can add chopped nuts or berries to the batter for an extra crunch or burst of flavor. Just make sure to adjust the nutritional information accordingly.