This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a commission for purchases made through links. Learn more on my Private Policy page.
Looking for a delicious, filling meal that’s perfect for breakfast or lunch? Look no further than this Hearty Keto Philly Cheesesteak Omelet! Packed with savory steak, onions, peppers, and gooey melted cheese, this keto-friendly meal will keep you satisfied and energized all day long. Whether you’re a seasoned keto eater or just looking for a new go-to meal, this omelet is sure to become a favorite in your recipe rotation. So why wait? Give it a try today and taste the goodness for yourself!
Heading 1: Introduction
Are you looking for a hearty and delicious keto-friendly breakfast or lunch option? Look no further than the Philly Cheesesteak Omelet! This easy-to-make recipe is a tasty spin on the classic Philly Cheesesteak sandwich, but with a keto twist. The recipe combines thin slices of beef, sautéed onions and peppers, and melted provolone cheese, all wrapped up in a fluffy egg omelet. If you’re following a low-carb or ketogenic diet, this recipe is perfect for you.
Heading 2: How to Make a Philly Cheesesteak Omelet
To make this delicious recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 oz. shaved roast beef
- 2 oz. sliced provolone cheese
Here are the steps to follow:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, water, salt, and black pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and peppers and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until slightly softened.
- Add the shaved roast beef to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until heated through.
- Pour the egg mixture over the beef and vegetables in the skillet.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the eggs are set on the bottom.
- Place the sliced provolone cheese on top of the eggs and broil for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Use a spatula to gently fold one side of the omelet over the other to make a half-moon shape.
- Serve and enjoy!
Heading 3: Nutrient Breakdown
This hearty Philly Cheesesteak Omelet is a nutrient-dense meal that’s perfect for anyone following a low-carb or ketogenic diet. Here’s the nutrient breakdown per serving:
- Calories: 426
- Fat: 32.59g
- Net Carbs: 4.05g
- Protein: 27.66g
Heading 4: Tips for Making the Perfect Philly Cheesesteak Omelet
Here are a few tips to keep in mind when making this delicious recipe:
- Use shaved roast beef from the grocery store’s meat counter for the best results.
- Choose the thinnest sliced provolone cheese you can find to ensure it melts easily.
- Use a non-stick skillet to prevent the eggs from sticking.
- Be sure to broil the omelet just long enough to melt the cheese – you don’t want it to burn!
- This recipe makes two servings, so you can enjoy it for breakfast and lunch or share it with a friend.
Heading 5: Conclusion
If you’re looking for a keto-friendly breakfast or lunch option that’s both delicious and easy to make, look no further than this Philly Cheesesteak Omelet. With its combination of seasoned steak, sautéed onions and peppers, and melted provolone cheese, this recipe is sure to become a new favorite in your meal rotation.
Heading 6: Frequently Asked Questions
What makes this recipe keto-friendly?
This recipe is low in carbs and high in fat and protein, making it perfect for anyone following a ketogenic or low-carb diet.
Can I make this omelet ahead of time?
While it’s best enjoyed fresh, you could make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it in the microwave or oven when you’re ready to eat.
Is there a vegetarian version of this recipe?
Yes, you can make a vegetarian version of this recipe by omitting the steak and using mushrooms instead.
Where can I find more keto recipes and tips?
For more recipes, tips, and information about the keto diet, check out websites like Ruled.Me, which offers a wealth of resources for anyone following a ketogenic or low-carb diet.
Does this recipe contain any hidden carbs?
Nope! The net carb count for this recipe is just 4.05g per serving, making it a great option for anyone following a low-carb or ketogenic diet.