This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a commission for purchases made through links. Learn more on my Private Policy page.
(as of Mar 27, 2023 00:08:32 UTC – Details)
If you’re on a keto diet or gluten-free diet, you know that breakfast options can be limited. But fear not, because keto waffles can be a delicious solution! In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know about these tasty breakfast treats, from what they are, to how to make them, to the nutritional benefits.
What are Keto Waffles?
Keto waffles are a low-carb, high-fat breakfast option perfect for those on a keto diet or gluten-free diet. They are made with alternatives to traditional flours, such as almond flour, coconut flour, or a combination of both. To keep the waffles low-carb and high-fat, ingredients like cream cheese, butter, and eggs are used in the batter.
How to Make Keto waffles
– 1 cup almond flour
– 1/4 cup coconut flour
– 1/4 cup erythritol (or your preferred keto-friendly sweetener)
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 4 large eggs
– 4 tablespoons butter, melted
– 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, baking powder, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until they are frothy. Add melted butter and almond milk to the eggs and whisk until well combined.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
4. Preheat your waffle iron and scoop the batter onto the iron. Cook until golden brown.
5. Serve hot with your favorite keto-friendly toppings, such as sugar-free syrup, whipped cream, berries, or nuts.
Nutritional Benefits of Keto Waffles
One of the biggest benefits of keto waffles is that they are high in healthy fats and low in carbs, which can be very beneficial for those on a ketogenic diet. They are also a great source of protein, thanks to the eggs and almond flour. Almond flour is also high in vitamin E, magnesium, and fiber. Coconut flour adds even more fiber and is also low in carbohydrates.
1. Can I make keto waffles without a waffle maker?
Yes, you can make keto waffles on a stovetop by using a non-stick frying pan. Place the batter into the pan and, using a spatula, shape it into a circle the same size as a waffle.
2. How many carbs are in keto waffles?
The amount of carbs will depend on the recipe and the specific ingredients used. However, most keto waffle recipes are between 2-5 grams of net carbs per waffle.
3. How can I make keto waffles dairy-free?
To make keto waffles dairy-free, you can substitute the butter with coconut oil or ghee, and use a dairy-free milk alternative, such as almond milk or coconut milk.
4. Can I freeze keto waffles?
Yes, you can freeze keto waffles for later use. Just make sure they are cooled completely before placing them in an airtight container or freezer bag.
5. Are keto waffles gluten-free?
Yes, keto waffles are gluten-free as they are usually made with alternative flours, like almond or coconut flour, instead of wheat flour.
Keto waffles are a delicious, low-carb, and gluten-free breakfast option that can satisfy your cravings and keep you feeling full. They are easy to make and customizable to your liking, whether you want them sweet, savory, or packed with protein. Complement them with your favorite keto-friendly toppings, and you’ll have a perfectly balanced breakfast that will fuel your day. Try our recipe today and see how easy it is to make a delicious and healthy breakfast!