This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a commission for purchases made through links. Learn more on my Private Policy page.
Are you a keto enthusiast looking for a refreshing way to enjoy your morning caffeine boost? Look no further than this homemade keto iced coffee recipe featuring the creamy goodness of heavy cream. With only a few simple ingredients, you can easily whip up a delicious and satisfying keto iced coffee right in your own kitchen. So, let’s grab our blender and get started!
How to Make Keto Iced Coffee with Heavy Cream at Home
If you are on a keto diet, you might be wondering how you can still enjoy your favorite coffee drinks without spoiling your diet. The good news is that coffee is a great companion for a keto diet, it boosts energy levels, and promotes ketosis. In this article, we will show you how to make keto iced coffee with heavy cream at home.
Benefits of Coffee on Keto Diet
Coffee has many beneficial properties for those on a keto diet. It is a natural energy booster, stimulates metabolism, increases focus, and enhances physical and mental performance. It also contains antioxidants that help in fighting inflammation and reducing the risk of chronic diseases like heart disease and diabetes.
Simple Keto Iced Coffee Recipe
To make keto iced coffee with heavy cream at home, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of coffee, chilled or at room temperature
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon of sugar-free vanilla syrup or pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon (optional)
- 2-3 cubes of ice
Steps to Follow
- Brew your coffee and let it cool down at room temperature or chill it in your fridge.
- In a mixing bowl, add heavy cream, sugar-free vanilla syrup or extract, and cinnamon. Mix it with a spoon or a hand blender.
- In a serving glass, add ice cubes and pour chilled or room temperature coffee over it.
- Now add the heavy cream mixture to the coffee.
- Stir it well with a spoon and enjoy your homemade keto iced coffee.
Tips to Customize Your Iced Coffee
- Use your favorite heavy cream or substitute with almond milk or coconut milk.
- Add your favorite sugar-free syrup or sweeteners like stevia or monk fruit extract.
- Increase the flavor by adding spices like nutmeg, cardamom, or ginger.
- Make it a mocha by adding cocoa powder or sugar-free chocolate syrup.
- For an extra boost, add MCT oil or coconut oil to your coffee.
How to Enjoy Your Favorite Coffee Drink on Keto Diet
You can still enjoy your favorite coffee drinks on keto by making it yourself or buying it from your local coffee shop. Many coffee shops now offer keto-friendly options like almond milk, sugar-free syrups, and whipped cream. Make sure to check the nutrition facts of your coffee drink and avoid high-carb ingredients like sugary syrups, whipped cream, or chocolate toppings.
If you want to make your favorite coffee drinks at home, you can use the Keto Iced Coffee recipe mentioned above or try some other recipes like:
- Bulletproof coffee: add MCT oil, coconut oil or butter to your coffee and blend it well.
- Cinnamon latte: add cinnamon and whipped cream to your coffee.
- Pumpkin spice latte: add pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, and heavy cream to your coffee.
How to Make Keto Iced Coffee on a Budget
You can make keto iced coffee on a budget by skipping some ingredients or having black coffee on ice. Here are some budget-friendly options you can try:
- Substitute heavy cream with almond milk or coconut milk.
- Skip the cinnamon or use any other spice you have at home.
- Use black coffee instead of chilled or room temperature coffee.
- Add ice cubes to your coffee and skip the heavy cream altogether.
Using Cold Brew Coffee
If you want to save time, you can use cold brew coffee to make your iced coffee. Cold brew coffee is less acidic, less bitter, and smoother than regular coffee. It is also richer in antioxidants and can be stored for up to a week in your fridge. Here’s how you can make cold brew coffee at home:
- Add coarsely ground coffee to a jar or a pitcher.
- Fill it with cold water and stir it well.
- Cover the jar and let it sit in your fridge for 12-24 hours.
- Strain the coffee using a mesh strainer or cheesecloth.
- Store the cold brew coffee in a container and use it as needed.
Adding Sugar-free Flavorings or Spices
You can add sugar-free flavorings or spices to enhance the taste of your iced coffee. Here are some options you can try:
- Sugar-free syrups like vanilla, caramel, hazelnut, or almond.
- Spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, or ginger.
- Sugar-free chocolate syrup or cocoa powder.
- Coconut cream, whipped cream, or grated coconut.
Blending Your Coffee with Ice and Other Ingredients
If you want to make a refreshing frap, you can blend your coffee with ice and other ingredients. Here’s how you can make a keto-friendly frap at home:
- Add chilled or room temperature coffee, heavy cream, ice cubes, sugar-free vanilla syrup, and cocoa powder to a blender.
- Blend it well until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Pour it into a serving glass and garnish it with whipped cream or grated chocolate.
In conclusion, making keto iced coffee with heavy cream at home is easy, budget-friendly, and customizable. You can use the Keto Iced Coffee recipe mentioned above or experiment with other recipes and ingredients to find your favorite drink. Coffee is a great companion for a keto diet, and you can still enjoy your favorite coffee drinks without spoiling your diet. So, go ahead and indulge in a cup of keto-friendly iced coffee and boost your energy and ketosis levels.
- Can I use almond milk instead of heavy cream in my iced coffee?
- Yes, you can substitute heavy cream with almond milk or coconut milk to make a dairy-free version of iced coffee.
- Can I use regular syrup or sweeteners in my iced coffee?
- No, you should avoid using regular syrup or sweeteners in your iced coffee, as they contain high amounts of sugar and carbs.
- Can I use regular coffee instead of cold brew coffee?
- Yes, you can use regular coffee instead of cold brew coffee to make your iced coffee. Just make sure to chill or let it cool down at room temperature before using it.
- Can I skip the ice cubes in my iced coffee?
- No, ice cubes are essential in iced coffee, as they make it refreshing and chilled. You can reduce the number of ice cubes if you prefer a milder drink.
- Can I add alcohol to my iced coffee?
- No, you should avoid adding alcohol to your iced coffee, as it contains high amounts of carbs and sugar.