This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a commission for purchases made through links. Learn more on my Private Policy page.
(as of Apr 03, 2023 08:43:55 UTC – Details)
Keto Yogurt with Granola: A Guide to Making Your Own Delicious Low-Carb Breakfast
Are you looking for a breakfast that is both delicious and healthy? Look no further than keto yogurt with granola! This low-carb breakfast is easy to make, customizable to your taste, and perfect for those following a ketogenic diet. In this article, we will provide a comprehensive guide to making keto yogurt with granola, including recipes, tips, and FAQs.
Recipe for Keto Yogurt with Granola
– 2 cups of plain Greek yogurt
– 1/4 cup of heavy cream
– 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
– 2 tablespoons of powdered erythritol
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– Pinch of salt
– 1 cup of low-carb granola (homemade or store-bought)
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, heavy cream, and unsweetened almond milk.
2. Add the erythritol, vanilla extract, and salt to the mixture and whisk together until fully combined.
3. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it chill in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours, but preferably overnight.
4. When ready to serve, scoop the yogurt mixture into serving bowls and top with low-carb granola.
Tips for Making the Perfect Keto Yogurt with Granola
– Use full-fat Greek yogurt for a creamier texture and extra fat content.
– Add toppings like fresh berries or nuts for added flavor and nutritional value.
– Use your favorite granola recipe, or try a low-carb store-bought option like Mikey’s Cinnamon Crunch Granola.
– Experiment with different flavorings like cinnamon, pumpkin spice, or cocoa powder.
1. Is Greek yogurt keto-friendly?
Yes, Greek yogurt is keto-friendly as long as you choose a full-fat, plain yogurt without added sugars or flavoring.
2. Can I use regular milk instead of almond milk?
Yes, you can use regular milk in place of almond milk, but bear in mind that regular milk has more carbs than almond milk.
3. Is granola good for keto?
Traditional granola is not suitable for a keto diet due to its high carb content. However, you can make or purchase low-carb granola that is more suitable for a ketogenic diet.
4. Can I store keto yogurt in the freezer?
While it’s possible to store yogurt in the freezer, the texture and taste may be affected. We recommend storing yogurt in the fridge and consuming within 3-4 days.
5. What are the benefits of a ketogenic diet?
A ketogenic diet can help with weight loss, improve cardiovascular health, and reduce the risk of certain diseases like diabetes, epilepsy, and cancer.
In conclusion, keto yogurt with granola is an easy, delicious, and healthy breakfast option for those following a ketogenic diet. By using the right ingredients, experimenting with different flavorings, and topping with low-carb granola, you can customize this breakfast to your liking. We hope this guide has been helpful and inspires you to try making your own keto yogurt with granola!