This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a commission for purchases made through links. Learn more on my Private Policy page.
Looking for a tasty and satisfying meal that’s both keto-friendly and easy to make at home? Look no further than our mouthwatering Keto Chicken and Waffle Sandwich recipe! With its perfect blend of savory and sweet flavors, this dish is sure to be a hit with anyone looking for a hearty, low-carb meal that’s quick and simple to prepare. So why wait? Grab your favorite ingredients and get ready to whip up a delicious, keto-friendly meal that’s sure to impress!
How to Make a Delicious Keto Chicken and Waffle Sandwich at Home: An Easy and Simple Recipe
Are you tired of struggling to find satisfying low-carb dishes? Do you miss indulging in comfort food like chicken and waffles? Look no further, as this recipe will satisfy your cravings while still keeping you on track with your diet.
This article will provide a step-by-step guide on how to make low-carb chicken and waffle bites at home. The dish is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or even as a snack. It is made with breaded chicken strips and Belgian style waffles. Moreover, this recipe is customizable to your liking, as you can add toppings such as mustard, bacon, pickles, and sugar-free maple syrup.
Here is everything you need to know to make this delicious dish.
For the waffles:
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup erythritol
For the chicken:
- 1 pound chicken breast strips
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Oil for frying
- Start by marinating your chicken in buttermilk for at least 30 minutes, preferably overnight.
- Preheat your waffle maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, eggs, milk, melted butter, salt, vanilla, and erythritol until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the waffle maker and cook until crispy and golden brown.
- Set the waffles aside and heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the almond flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper.
- Remove the chicken from the buttermilk, coat it in the flour mixture, and fry until golden brown and cooked through.
- Cut the chicken strips into bite-sized pieces and top each waffle with a few pieces.
- Add toppings such as mustard, bacon, pickles, and sugar-free maple syrup if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
This dish serves 4 people and provides 452.9 Calories, 31.68g Fats, 5.1g Net Carbs, and 33.73g Protein per serving.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out our other keto recipes on the website. You can also follow the Ruled.Me brand on social media for more food ideas.
This recipe proves that you don’t have to give up your favorite comfort food while on a low-carb diet. By following these simple steps, you can make a delicious keto chicken and waffle sandwich at home. Serve it for your family brunch or pack it for your on-the-go breakfast, and stay on track with your diet without compromising on taste.
- Can I use a different flour instead of almond flour?
- To keep the dish low-carb, it is best to stick with almond flour. However, you can try using coconut flour or a gluten-free flour blend.
- Is it necessary to marinate the chicken in buttermilk?
- Marinating the chicken in buttermilk helps tenderize the meat and adds flavor. However, you can skip this step if you are in a hurry.
- Can I make this dish ahead of time?
- Yes, you can store the waffles and chicken separately in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat the waffles and chicken in the oven or toaster before assembling the sandwich.
- Are there any other toppings I can add to this dish?
- Yes, you can add any toppings you like. Some keto-friendly options are avocado, cheese, sour cream, and hot sauce.
- What should I serve with this dish?
- This dish is already quite filling on its own, but you can serve it with a side salad or sautéed vegetables for more fiber and nutrients.