This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a commission for purchases made through links. Learn more on my Private Policy page.
As more people become health-conscious, the demand for sugar-free treats has increased. One of the most popular treats is fudge bars. However, most fudge bars in the market are loaded with refined sugar and other harmful ingredients. This is why I decided to make my own sugar-free fudge bars. In this blog post, I will share with you the benefits and reasons behind my decision. If you are looking for a healthier alternative to satisfy your sweet cravings, keep reading to find out why making your own sugar-free fudge bars is the way to go.
Why I Choose to Make My Own Sugar-Free Fudge Bars – The Benefits and Reasons Behind It
It’s common knowledge that trying to cut down sugar from our diets is one of the hardest things to do. Sugar seems to be present in every sweet treat, and it can be challenging to find any alternatives that taste anywhere near as satisfying. But, with more and more people looking to adopt healthier lifestyles, the market has been quick to become flooded with sugar-free alternatives of popular products. One popular item that has undergone the sugar-free treatment is fudge bars, which are a popular chocolate dessert. In this article, we’ll explore why making homemade sugar-free fudge bars is the way to go.
Why Go Sugar-Free?
Sugar is a sneaky ingredient that can significantly impact our health. When consumed in large quantities, it leads to an increased risk of obesity, diabetes, and a host of other health problems. Adopting a sugar-free diet can provide several benefits like improved heart health, weight loss, and better blood sugar levels.
Store-Bought vs. Homemade
Store-bought fudge bars are a tempting and convenient dessert option, but they’re not the healthiest choice. Most of these bars contain high amounts of added sugar, and even the ones labeled with “no added sugar” still have a considerable amount of carbs. On the other hand, homemade fudge bars offer complete control over the ingredients used, and one can customize them to their taste.
The Benefits of Making Your Own Sugar-Free Fudge Bars
There are several reasons for making your sugar-free fudge bars at home. Some of these benefits include:
- Customizable: With the freedom to tailor the ingredients, one can customize the sweetness level and flavor according to their taste.
- Low-carb: Homemade fudge bars using sugar-free chocolate, cocoa powder, and a sugar-free sweetener contain less than 3 grams of carbs per bar.
- Better Texture: Store-bought fudge bars tend to be hard and brittle, but homemade bars have a silky and creamy texture.
- Making homemade fudge bars is an easy process that yields impressive and satisfying results.
Here is a recipe for making homemade sugar-free fudge bars that you can try at home:
- 1 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar-free sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring in-between, until smooth and silky.
- In a separate bowl, cream the softened cream cheese until it’s fluffy and smooth.
- Add in the melted chocolate, cocoa powder, sweetener, and vanilla extract to the cream cheese mixture, and stir until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture into a lined 8 x 8-inch baking dish, and cover with cling wrap.
- Place the dish in the freezer for 2-3 hours or until firm.
- Once the mixture is frozen, cut it into bars, and serve.
The video recipe for making homemade low-carb fudge bars is posted on the KetoFocus YouTube channel. It also includes a link to learn about 10 keto foods to always have in your fridge. The KetoFocus website, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest accounts offer a vast selection of keto-friendly recipes, cooking tips, and techniques.
Making homemade sugar-free fudge bars can be a simple and satisfying process. By doing so, we gain more control over the ingredients, the sweetness level, and the number of carbs. Plus, they’re simply delicious. So, why not make your batch of sugar-free fudge bars today?
What are sugar-free sweeteners, and where can I buy them?
- Sugar-free sweeteners are usually natural or artificial and come without the extra calories that traditional sugar carries. You can find them at most grocery stores, either in the baking aisle next to the sugar or on the special dietary food shelves.
Can I store my homemade sugar-free fudge bars in the fridge?
- Yes, you can. Store them in an airtight container, and they will last for up to two weeks.
How can I tell if my fudge bars are firm enough to cut?
- The fudge should be solid to the touch, which means they’re ready to be cut. You can also insert a toothpick into the fudge, and if it comes out clean, they’re ready.
Can I use alternative flours like coconut or almond flour to make the recipe gluten-free?
- The recipe does not need flour at all, so it’s naturally gluten-free.
Can I use other sugar-free chocolates in the recipe apart from chocolate chips?
- Yes, you can use sugar-free chocolate bars instead of chocolate chips. Just chop them into small pieces and in the same amount as you would use chocolate chips.