This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a commission for purchases made through links. Learn more on my Private Policy page.
Looking for a scrumptious low carb meal to satisfy your cravings while staying committed to your keto diet? Look no further than this mouth-watering recipe for a low carb pancake sandwich! With every bite, you’ll savor the delicious combination of tender pancake layers sandwiching perfectly cooked bacon, eggs, and cheese. So why wait? Follow this recipe and indulge in a guilt-free meal that’s both delicious and keto-friendly.
Are you on a keto diet and tired of eating the same low-carb meals every day? If you’re craving something sweet and savory, we have an ideal recipe for you. Try our delicious low carb pancake sandwich, which is similar to McDonald’s McGriddle. The recipe contains pork rinds, almond flour, egg, heavy cream, sausage, cheddar cheese, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. It’s a keto-friendly breakfast that will keep you full, satisfied, and energized throughout the day.
Here is how to make it:
- 2/3 cup pork rinds
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 breakfast sausages
- 1 slice of cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp sugar-free maple syrup (or regular maple syrup if you’re not on a keto diet)
- Butter or oil for frying
- Use a food processor or blender to grind pork rinds into powder.
- Add almond flour, egg, heavy cream, baking powder, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix everything until well combined.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat, and add butter or oil.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter into the pan to create a small pancake. Repeat with the remaining batter to make three more pancakes.
- Fry sausages until browned on the outside and cooked through.
- Take two pancakes and put a slice of cheddar cheese and a sausage on top.
- Drizzle sugar-free maple syrup on top and place another pancake on top to create a sandwich.
This recipe makes two servings. One serving of the sandwich contains 657 calories, 55.7g fats, 2.7g net carbs, and 40g protein.
If you’re on a keto diet and looking for more recipes, knowledge, and tips, check out Ruled.Me. Our website provides everything you need to know about the keto diet, including a 30-day diet plan. You can follow us on social media for more recipes and keep up with our latest blog posts.
- Is this pancake sandwich recipe keto-friendly?
Yes, this recipe is keto-friendly. It contains low-carb ingredients and is an ideal breakfast option for anyone on a ketogenic diet.
- How long does it take to make this pancake sandwich?
The recipe takes approximately 20 minutes to prepare and cook.
- Can I substitute almond flour with any other flour?
Almond flour works best in this recipe, but you can use coconut flour if you don’t have almond flour on hand.
- Can I freeze the pancakes?
Yes, you can freeze the pancakes and reheat them in the microwave or oven.
- Can I use regular maple syrup instead of sugar-free?
Yes, you can use regular maple syrup if you’re not on a keto diet. Keep in mind that it contains a significant amount of carbs, and this sandwich might not be as low-carb with regular syrup.