This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a commission for purchases made through links. Learn more on my Private Policy page.
Are you tired of the same old breakfast options? How about trying some delicious and healthy 5-ingredient keto cauliflower hash browns? Not only are they easy to make, but they are also grain-free, keto-friendly, and packed with flavor. In just a few minutes, you can enjoy a tasty breakfast that will keep you full and satisfied all morning long. Keep reading to learn how to make these mouth-watering hash browns that your taste buds will thank you for.
Learn How to Make Delicious 5-Ingredient Keto Cauliflower Hash Browns in Minutes!
The ketogenic diet is becoming more and more popular among people who want to lose weight or maintain a healthy lifestyle. A common problem that many people experience when following this diet is missing comfort foods such as hash browns. It’s well-known that traditional hash browns are high in carbs and not suitable for the ketogenic diet. But, what if we told you that you can still enjoy delicious and crispy hash browns without ruining your diet?
This article will teach you how to make delicious 5-ingredient keto cauliflower hash browns in minutes! These hash browns are crunchy, savory, and make a perfect side dish or even a main course with some fried eggs and salty meat. Ready to get started? Let’s dive in!
To begin with, you’ll need just five simple ingredients:
- 2 cups of cauliflower rice
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of almond flour
- 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the cauliflower rice in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg and then add the cauliflower rice, almond flour, shredded cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix everything until well combined.
- Shape the mixture into 4 large or 8 small patties and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through, until the hash browns are crispy and golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot with a garlic dipping sauce or your favorite hot sauce as a condiment.
It’s important to note that patience is key when cooking these hash browns. If you rush the process, they may fall apart. Therefore, we recommend using the right amount of cauliflower rice and drying it as much as possible to keep the mixture tight.
The recipe makes 4 servings, and each serving has 293 calories and 27.5g fat. These cauliflower hash browns are high in healthy fats and low in carbs, making them a perfect fit for the ketogenic diet.
Tips and Tricks
If you want to make these crispy hash browns even more delicious, you can try the following tips and tricks:
- Add some spices such as garlic powder or paprika for extra flavor.
- Make them in advance and store them in the fridge or freezer for a quick meal or snack.
- If you don’t have almond flour, you can use coconut flour or ground flaxseed instead.
- Make them in a waffle maker for a fun twist on traditional hash browns.
- Serve them with sour cream or Greek yogurt instead of a dipping sauce.
Now you know how to make delicious keto cauliflower hash browns with just five simple ingredients. They are crispy, flavorful, and perfect for anyone following the ketogenic diet. Whether you serve them as a side dish or a main course, they are sure to impress your taste buds.
If you’re looking for more keto recipes and tips, be sure to check out our website. We have a variety of healthy and flavorful recipes that are easy to make and perfect for anyone following a ketogenic lifestyle.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Can I make this recipe with frozen cauliflower rice?
Yes, you can use frozen cauliflower rice too. Just let it thaw and squeeze out the moisture as much as possible.
Can I substitute the almond flour with coconut flour?
Yes, you can use coconut flour instead of almond flour, but keep in mind that the texture will be slightly different.
Can I add bacon to this recipe?
Yes, you can add bacon or any other meat to this recipe for some extra flavor and protein.
Can I use a different cheese instead of cheddar?
Yes, you can use any type of shredded cheese that you like or have on hand.
How long do these hash browns last in the fridge?
You can store these hash browns in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.