This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a commission for purchases made through links. Learn more on my Private Policy page.
Get The Best Keto Egg Fast experience: Here’s How to Do It!
The ketogenic or keto diet is a high-fat, low-carbohydrate diet that aims to put your body in a state of ketosis, where it burns fat for energy instead of carbohydrates. As the name suggests, the keto egg fast is a short-term variation of the keto diet where your meals revolve around eggs.
In this blog post, we’ll give you three different methods on how to do keto egg fast and help you get the best experience out of it.
Method 1: Classic Egg Fast with Eggs and Butter
The classic egg fast is a short-term diet where you consume only eggs, butter, and cheese. Here’s how to do it.
- For three to five days, you’ll eat six to ten eggs per day. You can eat them boiled, scrambled, fried, or baked.
- You’ll also be consuming one tablespoon of butter or healthy oil for each egg that you consume.
- For each day, you want to consume between 1000 and 1200 calories, split between your eggs and butter.
- Snacks and meals may include cheese to add variety to the diet.
Method 2: Egg Fast with Other Protein and Fats
If you want to add other sources of protein and fat to your egg fast, here’s a spinoff of the classic egg fast.
- For three to five days, you’ll eat six to ten eggs per day, just like in the classic egg fast.
- Then, you will add another source of healthy protein, such as chicken or grass-fed beef, or non-starchy veggies like cooked spinach, broccoli, or avocado.
- To each meal, you’ll also add one tablespoon of a healthy oil or butter.
- Each meal should consist of about 80% fat, 15% protein, and 5% carbohydrates.
Method 3: Intermittent Fasting with Egg Meals
Intermittent fasting is an increasingly popular way to lose weight, and by combining it with egg meals, you can reach ketosis faster. Here’s how to do it:
- Fast for 16 to 20 hours per day, eating twice a day within a four- to eight-hour timeframe.
- Each of these meals will consist of the right amount of eggs and healthy fats, such as avocado or olive oil.
- For the non-eating period, drink plenty of water or low-calorie beverages such as tea or black coffee.
- Follow this schedule for about a week to reach ketosis faster.
Why the Egg Fast is Effective:
The egg fast can be an effective way to kick-start weight loss or break through a keto plateau. But why?
Firstly, eggs provide a high amount of healthy fats, protein, and vitamins. Secondly, the high amount of protein helps you feel fuller for longer, so you may eat fewer calories overall. Finally, eggs have no carbs, so they won’t knock you out of ketosis.
The keto egg fast should only last for a few days, and you should not repeat it too often. While it may not be for everyone, it is an effective way to overcome weight loss plateaus and get into ketosis faster.
Regardless of the method you choose, make sure you listen to your body and adjust your consumption according to your hunger and activity level. Remember to hydrate and consume enough electrolytes because the keto diet can be dehydrating.
By following the guidelines in any of the methods we’ve outlined, we’re confident that you’ll have a great experience with your keto egg fast!